Ages and reigns of famous leaders throughout history. The coverage is a little odd. Mao but not Castro? No Khans?
Here’s a similar chart of the empires themselves. I’m told this is an awesome graphic, but I can’t read Italian.
September 25th, 2012 at 10:58 pm
Ohh man…English please on that Italian chart! It’s a more detailed version of the classic Joseph Priestly chart of empires through time which is one of my favorites–
September 26th, 2012 at 2:29 am
If you need help translating from italian just ask me I’ll be happy to help you.
September 26th, 2012 at 11:32 am
as for the infographic in italian,it’s good but not so awesome, in my opinion.
Anyway I’trying to translate:
– empires are ordered vertically, by the year of collapse;
– the small colored squares near each empire represents the continents where they ruled;
– the length of every main rectangular block represents the spread over time, that is their longevity, with the yellow line showing the year of maximum expansion;
– the height of every block is the maximum reached expansion;
– the color of every main block represents the cause of the empire’s fall (listed there from up to down: war, turmoil, indipendence of the the colonies, division, formal procedure of dissolution);
– Blue italian big letters shows the (main) form of the government (listed there from up to down: monarchy, despotism, elective monarchy, constitutional monarchy, republic, oligarchy, princedom, caliphate);
Marco (an italian reader of your awesome blog)
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
An addictive collection of beautiful charts, graphs, maps, and interactive data visualization toys -- on topics from around the world.
Copyright © 2007-Chart Porn
Wordpress Compositio Theme originally by Design Disease